Fall 2009 Open House Information

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

dustdevil

Re: Fall 2009 Open House Information

Post by dustdevil » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:34 pm

Helio wrote:
dustdevil wrote:Ren, were you the one I played the Nepalian drinking game with this weekend? Bonsitu Bonsita!
It really does irk you that you don't know :P
It does!! I posted the pictures to my picasa. I'm trying to decide if I want to post the link here for international students to see the UT campus and what the weekend was like (rainy). But then I won't be anonymous anymore (kind of)! What do you think, helio? you are in half of them. I still don't know who unnatural log was.

Helio

Post by Helio » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:01 pm

dustdevil wrote:
Helio wrote:
dustdevil wrote:Ren, were you the one I played the Nepalian drinking game with this weekend? Bonsitu Bonsita!
It really does irk you that you don't know :P
It does!! I posted the pictures to my picasa. I'm trying to decide if I want to post the link here for international students to see the UT campus and what the weekend was like (rainy). But then I won't be anonymous anymore (kind of)! What do you think, helio? you are in half of them. I still don't know who unnatural log was.

well you can just say whoever wants them can write you a PM and you are still private.... and i have a guess who he is

dustdevil

Post by dustdevil » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:36 am

Helio wrote:
dustdevil wrote:

well you can just say whoever wants them can write you a PM and you are still private.... and i have a guess who he is
Good plan! So basically if anybody wants to see the UT Astro visiting weekend that couldn't make it just private message me. Mostly pictures from happy hour, downtown and the campus tour.

secander2!

Post by secander2! » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:44 am

Hi! It looks like I should be visiting Berkeley, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT's open houses (if all goes well). Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.

robertson

Post by robertson » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:00 am

I'm in for MIT's open house. Caltech was very funny! I met a lot of people that knew or had posted in the forum. It would be great to see you there secander, pm me if you wanna know how to find me or just look for the Spanish guy :)

dlenmn

Post by dlenmn » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Helio, Metric, and others who attended this weekend's open house at Wisc (or the previous open house for that matter), it was good to meet all of you and I hope you enjoyed your visit. Best of luck deciding on schools, if you haven't made up your mind already.

slugger

Post by slugger » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Anyone going to be in sunny New Brunswick, New Jersey tomorrow? If so Ill see you there!