What are the chances of my profile

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

kracksen

What are the chances of my profile

Post by kracksen » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:45 pm

Fields Interested: CMT / AMO / QI (more specifically quantum simulation and many body problem)

Academics:BS Physics (in 3rd year), University in Turkey (Not in T500), CGPA:3.8

Research Experience:
4 years computational and analytical Statistical Physics / CMT since high school with emeritus prof from MIT (expecting strong LoR)
2 papers published (both first author) in Physica A and PRE (2 more on the way, one first and one second author)
1 year computational quantum many body and quantum information (1 paper planned, first author)
1 small conference paper in high school

Teaching Experience :
TA’d classical mechanics, EM and QM classes in summer and winter school for high schoolers and undergrads 4 times
TA’d a graduate level statistical mechanics class 3 semesters (I’ve taken it in high school from my research advisor.)

I’d appreciate if you can comment on my chances for top schools like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, UC Berkeley, etc.
I believe that I’m a competitive applicant but I would like to know if my lack of experience in experimental side is a setback for the field I pursue.

Grogu2023

Re: What are the chances of my profile

Post by Grogu2023 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:58 am

I'm looking for CMT PhD student and we still have availability for Fall 2023, have you got a Ph.D. position yet? .. we are a flagship R1 research Southestern university ranked around #100-110. If you are interested in joining my CMT group, please send your CV and transcript to cmtgradstudent@gamil.com

Good luck!!