Regarding the Northeastern University application portal

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

sugragod

Regarding the Northeastern University application portal

Post by sugragod » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:04 am

When I checked the application portal of Northeastern University today, I noticed there was a new text above the application checklist:

"Students are considered to be conditionally admitted until the below checklist is complete. Students must also satisfy any additional provisions or conditions of their acceptance if stated on the official decision letter or college admissions website. Please arrange to complete your checklist and meet any other additional requirements prior to enrolling at Northeastern University. If you have already made appropriate arrangements to complete your file, and your checklist is still incomplete, please be patient because it can take several weeks to update your status. Otherwise, if anything else is needed, the University will contact you. Visit the University catalog’s website here for more information on this topic."

This wasn't there 2 days ago. Does this fact have any significance regarding application status?

centarsirius

Re: Regarding the Northeastern University application portal

Post by centarsirius » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:07 am

congrats :D

sugragod

Post by sugragod » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:30 am

centarsirius wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:07 am
congrats :D
Do you think I got accepted? I haven't received any emails yet.

Nightzeit

Post by Nightzeit » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:35 pm

sugragod wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:04 am
When I checked the application portal of Northeastern University today, I noticed there was a new text above the application checklist:

"Students are considered to be conditionally admitted until the below checklist is complete. Students must also satisfy any additional provisions or conditions of their acceptance if stated on the official decision letter or college admissions website. Please arrange to complete your checklist and meet any other additional requirements prior to enrolling at Northeastern University. If you have already made appropriate arrangements to complete your file, and your checklist is still incomplete, please be patient because it can take several weeks to update your status. Otherwise, if anything else is needed, the University will contact you. Visit the University catalog’s website here for more information on this topic."

This wasn't there 2 days ago. Does this fact have any significance regarding application status?
I feel like this might be an acceptance, but I am not sure. First, make sure that checklist is in fact complete. Then, maybe contact someone from the school to ask about it. Your guess is as good as mine.

sugragod

Post by sugragod » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:55 pm

The checklist is complete. I also sent out an e-mail regarding this issue, currently waiting for an answer. I believe someone who got accepted to Northeastern University previously could enlighten us :D
Nightzeit wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:35 pm
sugragod wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:04 am

I feel like this might be an acceptance, but I am not sure. First, make sure that checklist is in fact complete. Then, maybe contact someone from the school to ask about it. Your guess is as good as mine.