About Brandeis Open House

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

mssg123

About Brandeis Open House

Post by mssg123 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:56 pm

Hi all, does anyone know about Brandeis open house? I received their invitation and I'm super nervous and excited. Not sure how it's going to be like, but it seems to be an interview thing. Does anyone know if being invited means admission (or very likely to be admitted). Any information would be greatly appreciated!

mcentag

Re: About Brandeis Open House

Post by mcentag » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:42 pm

I didn't even know schools had open houses before accepting people. This is probably a good sign (and if they're paying for travel/lodging, I'd interpret it as very likely to be admitted).

Nightzeit

Post by Nightzeit » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:47 pm

I saw a post once somewhere (maybe here, maybe not) that Brandeis won't necessarily accept you if you go to their open house, however, people who don't get invited are basically guaranteed to get rejected. Their source was Braindeis' department.

I don't know if it will be interview-like, but I would assume not too intensive, if so. After all, if it was intended to be an interview, why would they call it an open house?

mssg123

Post by mssg123 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:23 pm

mcentag wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:42 pm
I didn't even know schools had open houses before accepting people. This is probably a good sign (and if they're paying for travel/lodging, I'd interpret it as very likely to be admitted).
Hello, thank you for your reply. I see this from gradcafe that they do this to make sure the research fit is satisfied (mainly because their physics dept is very small). Anyway, I will take it as a good sign!

mssg123

Post by mssg123 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:24 pm

Nightzeit wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:47 pm
I saw a post once somewhere (maybe here, maybe not) that Brandeis won't necessarily accept you if you go to their open house, however, people who don't get invited are basically guaranteed to get rejected. Their source was Braindeis' department.

I don't know if it will be interview-like, but I would assume not too intensive, if so. After all, if it was intended to be an interview, why would they call it an open house?
Hello, thank you so much for this information!