Congrats!

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

flut34

Congrats!

Post by flut34 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:31 am

welcome_green wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:32 pm
I already have a secured Master at the Max-Planck institute in Germany
Congrats! But what do you mean a master at MP? MPs are research institutes, not universities. You can do your thesis with them but you have to be enrolled at a university. I know this because I work at one in Germany and know of many of them in Germany.

welcome_green

Re: 2022 Applicant Profile and Admission Results

Post by welcome_green » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:41 am

Correct! I will still be enrolled at my University, but I will join a group at the MPI for their research and they will supervise my master thesis! :D
Maybe I should state it better? "Collaborative Master"? Not sure how to express that properly to be honest!

flut34 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:31 am
welcome_green wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:32 pm
I already have a secured Master at the Max-Planck institute in Germany
Congrats! But what do you mean a master at MP? MPs are research institutes, not universities. You can do your thesis with them but you have to be enrolled at a university. I know this because I work at one in Germany and know of many of them in Germany.

flut34

Re: 2022 Applicant Profile and Admission Results

Post by flut34 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:02 am

welcome_green wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:41 am
Correct! I will still be enrolled at my University, but I will join a group at the MPI for their research and they will supervise my master thesis! :D
Maybe I should state it better? "Collaborative Master"? Not sure how to express that properly to be honest!

I would just say you got into a masters program in Germany and state that uni. I am surprised that you already discussed master theses when that would start in your second year.