Hi all, I am new to this forum, and want to apply for a physics phd. Below is my basic profile, and really want to get some advice about what schools can I get into
Undergrad school: UC Santa Barbara
physics major GPA: 3.8
physics upper division GPA: 3.7
Cumulative GPA: 3.8
GRE: 331 + 3.5
physics GRE: none. (should I take it?)
male Chinese student, no US citizen ship
1. Quantum calculation oriented, largely DFT. About one year
2. Material lab, making membranes. Half a year
Both don't have, or going to have, any paper published. I only have my lab demos and logs
My interest is in calculation and condensed matter physics, I really don't know what school can I get into. I think I lack research experience. Everyone else in this forum seems to have done so much research in their undergrad.
Schools interested in:
1. UW Seattle (dream school)
6. Stony Brook
Please give me some advice about the likelihood that I get into these school. Feel free to give me more advice on school selections and application tips.
- This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
- There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1