Profile Review international student

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

fedeambro

Profile Review international student

Post by fedeambro » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi, my name is Federico. I am an Italian physics student. I am interested in pursuing a PhD in the us, I will apply in the next cycle. I'm graduating in a few weeks at the University of Pisa with a 4.0 GPA and a final grade of 110/110cum Laude. Since my undergrad is 3 years, I need to complete a Msc (In Europe it works like that). I've been offered a place in Oxford for a 1 year master (without time to write a thesis) and in ETH Zurich for a 1.5 year master with a semester dedicated to the thesis. I would enjoy going to Oxford as I guess it has a superior reputation and also the program (MMathPhys) fits perfectly with my interests. I aim to the top tier American institutions (Caltech, Princeton, Harvard, MIT, Chicago, Stanford...).
I am attaching my CV hoping someone can provide me with an honest review: if I don't stand a chance in being admitted I would opt for ETH as it is more suitable for securing a PhD in Europe afterward.
My cv:
Thank you in advance,
Federico
Last edited by fedeambro on Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

cabzx

Re: Profile Review international student

Post by cabzx » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:26 am

You should get your CV into an appropriate format: https://grad.illinois.edu/sites/default ... amples.pdf