Did anyone receive email from UT Austin?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

IaMkizzz

Did anyone receive email from UT Austin?

Post by IaMkizzz » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:45 pm

I received this email about the invitation to the Open House (placed in Spam). However, the email was from this adress admissions@physics.utexas.edu via utexas.onmicrosoft.com . Did anyone have the same situation?

occamsshaver12

Re: Did anyone receive email from UT Austin?

Post by occamsshaver12 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:46 pm

I did too. It was in the spam and the attachment says something like this "To be clear, we do not make official offers nor admit students until after our Open House, however, we also do not invite anyone we are not minded to admit either." I am not sure what to make of this.

IaMkizzz

Re: Did anyone receive email from UT Austin?

Post by IaMkizzz » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:58 pm

occamsshaver12 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:46 pm
I did too. It was in the spam and the attachment says something like this "To be clear, we do not make official offers nor admit students until after our Open House, however, we also do not invite anyone we are not minded to admit either." I am not sure what to make of this.
That means "you have a chance", I guess... :oops: