Brandeis Admissions

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

physico_guy

Brandeis Admissions

Post by physico_guy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:05 pm

I am not invited to the open-house as of yet. I am pretty sure that this means rejection. Can anyone from previous years or insights confirm this is the case? I just do not want waste my time thinking about it.

pancakesoviet

Re: Brandeis Admissions

Post by pancakesoviet » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:18 am

I also haven't been invited to the open house, would like an answer about this too.

quantumgeek333

Post by quantumgeek333 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:51 pm

Me three--however, I'm wondering if it has something to do with when you submitted your application. I submitted mine in early January, so it's possible that they're responding to earlier applicants first?

spiv

Post by spiv » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:59 pm

From what I've been told by a faculty, the open house is to determine research fit before sending out acceptances since Brandeis is such a small department. Sorry to say that the odds are probably pretty low if you didn't get an invite. Could be possible that you are on a 'waitlist' and could be contacted for an interview if they don't fill all the positions with people at the open house though maybe. Best of luck!