Waitlist during Covid Pandemic

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Walterdinho

Waitlist during Covid Pandemic

Post by Walterdinho » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:30 am

I was Waitlisted since early April in one of the US schools for fall 2020 and I was told i will hear back on or before April 15th which never came,they were completely silent . In the month of May my POI contacted me citing Pandemic issues and asking if i am still interested in the PhD so that he can schedule a follow-up interview which i accepted but also never came(he failed to get back to me after i confirmed continued interest).

Should i still contact him asking for any latest info or do i have any hope at this time ?...Should i ask if Spring admit is feasible since the school grants Spring admit only if a student has a willing supervisor for an RA role...I am an International student