- This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
- There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:19 pm
I can't remember the name or the function of the golden instrument picture below.
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:04 am
- Posts: 264
- Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:25 pm
I think it's a sextant. They were used for navigation. Here's the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextant
edit: sorry, I must have clicked "reply" right before trani posted...