How good is Brandeis University for High-energy theory?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

slepton20201

How good is Brandeis University for High-energy theory?

Post by slepton20201 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:11 pm

How good is Brandeis University for Condensed matter and for High-energy theory? Has anyone here attended their open house/ been a graduate student there? What is your opinion about their physics department?

jabennett2194

Re: How good is Brandeis University for High-energy theory?

Post by jabennett2194 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:35 pm

You really gotta rephrase this "are they good" question hahaha
They have one super popular HEP-th prof that does cool work, and they are hiring one of these people in the near future http://particle.physics.ucdavis.edu/rumor/doku.php
Have you gotten in for HEP-th?
Their open house last year was great. The students in the dept. seems super happy to be there.
One of the HEP-th students was also super friendly, smart, easy-going.

slepton20201

Re: How good is Brandeis University for High-energy theory?

Post by slepton20201 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:02 am

The last thing I heard from them was an invitation to open house. I am interested in CMT and in hep-th. I was not able to attend the open house as I am an international student.

I am interested to know when should I expect a decision. Did anyone here ask them, e.g. during this year's open house?