Do I have a chance for top 20?

mrfotih

Do I have a chance for top 20?

Post by mrfotih » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:39 am

Last edited by mrfotih on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhoaNonstop

Re: Do I have a chance for top 20?

Post by WhoaNonstop » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:35 am

Probably unlikely, but maybe some of the less applied to schools. Try Maryland and Illinois Urbana-Champaign. These are two good ones for Condensed matter and seem easier to get into.

-Riley

letisen

Post by letisen » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:05 pm

hey there, i'm writting in order to make a query... now i'm finishing my undergrad in systems engineering, i'm 23. But independently of other things i was planning to study electronic engineering as undergrad, from scratch. Assuming that all went fine after i finish that second undergrad(high GPA, good research, strong letters..etc)... Do you think I have chances of being admitted to any top 20 ? Considering that by that time i'll be 27 or 28 years old and will have two undergraduate degrees (i know that having two undergraduate degrees doesn't mean any special advantage or nothing like that, as i said is something that i want to do only because i like those two fields of study)..

please if someone have any time to give an opinion i would be very grateful.

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Are you saying you want to be in a top 20 physics PhD program after two undergraduate degrees in Systems Engineering and Electronic Engineering? I'd say getting a second degree in a non-physics field would make it even harder for you to get into a Physics PhD.