15 years of education???

Rose.w

15 years of education???

Post by Rose.w » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:15 am

I am looking forward to pursue my master's in Physics from US but most schools require qualifications comparable to a U.S. Bachelor’s degree (Four-Year Degree Program) or a minimum of 16 years of formal education, and i have only 15 years of formal education,i.e.,10+2 and +3 years of bachelor's from India.
so,are there any universities which accept 15 years of formal education for admission???

siroy.sam

Re: 15 years of education???

Post by siroy.sam » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:03 pm

16 years of education is prerequisite for US graduate school entry. Indian students normally apply either after BE(12+4) or MSc (12+3+2). So, you must first complete your MSc first year at least to initiate application process. In the mean time, to strengthen your profile, attend summer/ winter schools at various research center within India and try joining some short term research projects at institutes like TIFR, HRI or IISC.

Rose.w

Post by Rose.w » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 am

ok..thank you so much... :)

SPat

Post by SPat » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:51 pm

siroy.sam wrote:16 years of education is prerequisite for US graduate school entry. Indian students normally apply either after BE(12+4) or MSc (12+3+2). So, you must first complete your MSc first year at least to initiate application process.
Not (strictly) true, check my profile. Yes, I am cashing in on my bragging rights.

raindropz

Post by raindropz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:22 am

I have also completed a 3 year degree program and now looking forward to do my higher studies in US. I was not aware about this 4 year degree qualification. Are there any equivalent 1 year courses which can be done to cover this problem?
cable tv alternatives Adamz
Last edited by raindropz on Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:03 pm

raindropz wrote:I have also completed a 3 year degree program and now looking forward to do my higher studies in US. I was not aware about this 4 year degree qualification. Are there any equivalent 1 year courses which can be done to cover this problem?
Sometimes international students are accepted with 3 year degree programs instead of 4. But this can be rare and varies a lot on the school you are applying to. You should contact each school you are interested in and see if they will consider your application with a 3 year degree program.

If it turns out they would prefer 4 years, one good option is to do a 1 or 2 year masters program. Masters programs in the US are generally not funded but maybe you can find a good program somewhere else that is either funded or at least affordable. Almost every single international student I know at a good school either has a 4 year undergrad degree or did 3 years + masters degree before starting grad school.

BellaHamilton

Post by BellaHamilton » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 am

Hi,
I know that some universities accept foreign students with 3 years of education (i.e. 15 together), but it depends on requirements of each one. You should choose some that you want to apply for and ensure that they can consider your educational degree as complete.
If any, you can also complete some summer internship to cover this additional year you need.