Doubt: Financial statement requirement.

satyad18

Doubt: Financial statement requirement.

Post by satyad18 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:13 am

I'm encountering difficulty in my application process with three of my schools as I need to provide my financial statement. Is the financial statement required before application deadline or before acceptance? As per my knowledge, this statement is required only after being admitted, which is for VISA purposes. What do you people suggest I should do?

rims

Re: Doubt: Financial statement requirement.

Post by rims » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:04 am

Only Maryland in my list asks for this statement. They say that it can arrive after the deadline, but they encourage to submit it before. I think I will send it before the deadline, as in my case it only says that I don't have any money and that I'll rely on an assistantship (which for Maryland shouldn't be a problem if you get admitted). Probably the admission committees don't even look at this statement (it has to do with the university, not the department), but I'm not sure of this.

satyad18

Post by satyad18 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:11 am

If I get admitted, I'll be submitting the statement to Maryland only after acceptance. I'm having problems with Syracuse, Buffalo and UW-Milwaukee. I have mailed them but I guess everyone is on vacation!

StewieVader

Post by StewieVader » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi,
I'm applying to Maryland as well right now. How did you send the form to them? Did you email them or upload it somewhere? Please don't tell me you had to mail the hard copy :( . I just spent 25 $ on mailing my transcripts and I don't want to spend the same mailing this useless form.