MIT Nuclear Science and Engineering fellowship

yageda01

MIT Nuclear Science and Engineering fellowship

Post by yageda01 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:05 pm

Does anyone know the required first year graduate courses for MIT Nuclear Science and Engineering? I was just informed about a fellowship (due today!!) and noticed that I need this information. I'm looking into fusion... here is their course catalog:

http://student.mit.edu/catalog/m22b.html

Thanks!

PS I had no idea under what topic this should go...

noojens

Re: HELP!

Post by noojens » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:30 pm

Thirty seconds of googling turned up:

http://web.mit.edu/nse/education/gradua ... egree.html

which has the S.M. degree requirements and lists the core courses for each focus.

If by "graduate degree" you mean PhD, the requirements may be different, but I'd be surprised if they're not on the department's website as well.

:roll:

yageda01

Post by yageda01 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:15 pm

Right, I've been to that page. What I'm looking for is the required first year courses (to be taken during the first academic year) for the PhD program, not necessarily the core courses...

pqortic

Post by pqortic » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:28 pm

Does it really matter what courses you take to get the fellowship? besides, you register for courses at the beginning of the academic year. are you student there now?

yageda01

Re: MIT Nuclear Science and Engineering fellowship

Post by yageda01 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Probably (and hopefully not) but it says:

"List all courses planned for the NEXT academic year. (Required: List courses totaling 18-24 hours of full-time study. If you are not currently enrolled in graduate school, you should contact your first choice university to obtain the required first year courses.)"

I'll come up with something. If anyone knows what courses are actually required, please let me know.