Undergrad summer research opportunities that I'd have a decent shot at getting accepted to

YoloSwaggin

Undergrad summer research opportunities that I'd have a decent shot at getting accepted to

Post by YoloSwaggin » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Hello all, I am currently a sophomore in my undergraduate degree and am looking to get involved in some form of research opportunity over the summer. I was wondering if anyone could perhaps suggest some that I would have a decent shot at being accepted for?

Here are just some basic stats about me that might help:

Student at: Vanderbilt
Highest Courses Completed: Quantum I, Electrodynamics I, Linear Algrebra, Diff eq
GPA: 4.0
Race/Sex: White/Male
Research Experience: Just some at a local state school, not a great experience, would not want a LOR from the professor I worked with (exploitative, toxic environment, the professor was very upset when I left even though I let him know significantly ahead of time and trained the next guy up)

Any suggestions of places to look into would be very much appreciated, obviously I'm aware that most universities have REUs but I don't think my odds of getting into those are that great. Also, please let me know if this is not the appropriate place to put this.

Thank you to anyone who provides feedback!