Paper accepted for publication: should I notify?

lastgobestgo

Paper accepted for publication: should I notify?

Post by lastgobestgo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:30 pm

So a paper I was a part of was just accepted for publication after being up on Arxiv. I alluded to the paper in my apps, and for all but two programs I linked to the Arxiv which was by then available. I emailed the other 2 the link as an update after submission.

I will certainly email schools the news, but should I wait until the paper is actually published or is an email acceptance and a preprint good enough? Normally I'd say just wait it out, but some programs (ie Penn State) start making offers in late Jan, so I don't wanna wait too long. Thoughts?

Nishikata

Re: Paper accepted for publication: should I notify?

Post by Nishikata » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:53 pm

The schools I emailed about my publications status update all said that no additional info can be included post-deadline. So I settled with email acceptance and preprint.

I already had the arxiv link in the applications, and I only updated the DOI after it gets published. So i think you can just do the same. Update the arxiv with the new status.

lastgobestgo

Re: Paper accepted for publication: should I notify?

Post by lastgobestgo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Frankly I'm surprised you got that response.
Last year I applied and had a paper published after the deadline, and while not everyone replied, everyone that replied said it'd be added. Also for both programs who I emailed this year about the preprint said that they had added it to my app.