Del

gaugeinvariance

Del

Post by gaugeinvariance » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:06 pm

Del
Last edited by gaugeinvariance on Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightzeit

Re: How does my CV looks like?

Post by Nightzeit » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Usually a CV (at least in America) is longer than a resume. Unless the school you are applying to says otherwise, I think you should aim for more than two pages. A resume is typically 1-2 pages where as a CV is usually more like 5 pages.

You could add:
- employment
- community service
- projects/research you've presented on and where the presentations were

you can also add short descriptions under many of the things you list. For example, you can add a brief description of what your responsibilities were at a job, what was required for an award you won, or more details about your research.

You should definitely list the paper that you've submitted for publication.

As per your other questions, I'm not entirely sure. I think you don't need to add TOEFL scores because they'll already be listed elsewhere in your application.

geekusprimus

Post by geekusprimus » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Usually a CV (at least in America) is longer than a resume. Unless the school you are applying to says otherwise, I think you should aim for more than two pages. A resume is typically 1-2 pages where as a CV is usually more like 5 pages.
A CV should be a complete record, but don't pad it. If you don't have a lot of experience, it won't be very long. For reference, mine is about 2.5 pages long, and it was about 2 pages when I was submitted applications last year. My advisor (a junior faculty member) has a CV that is about 11 pages long, but all but 3.5 pages of that are publications and talks.

For listing your publication, say that it's been submitted. If you want substantial proof, provide an ArXiv link or mention that it's available upon request. It doesn't happen frequently, but graduate committees do occasionally ask to see the paper.

gaugeinvariance

Del

Post by gaugeinvariance » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:38 am

Del
Last edited by gaugeinvariance on Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geekusprimus

Post by geekusprimus » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:14 pm

Actually I do agree on geekusprimus that the CV should around 2 pages, since it is the upper limit of some of the graduate school
I never said that. I said don't pad it -- mine was about two pages, but yours could be shorter or longer. CVs are a complete record, so if they're putting a two-page limit on a document, it's probably not actually a CV but a resumé.
Should I describe briefly what I have been doing for the teaching experience?
Yes. Put down a brief description of your responsibilities and the class(es) you taught or TAed.
Furthermore, should I list how does those dean list and scholarship are being issued. I.E. their requirements?
Unless the name makes it questionable or really vague, you probably don't need to list specific qualifications for an award. For example, I was awarded a four-year academic scholarship to my undergraduate institution, which made it onto my CV. But it was called the "Heritage Scholarship," which makes it sound like it was some sort legacy/nepotism crap, so I clarified it as the "Heritage Academic Scholarship."
Last but not least, how should I mentioned my collaboration?
Assuming you're talking about a research collaboration, put it under your research experience, along with your specific role if applicable.
Oh there is one more thing! Should I mentioned what I have founded/discovered during my research work?
Brief highlights are good, but your statement of purpose is where you'll go really in depth on what you did.