Need Help with SoP and resume

fimjix

Need Help with SoP and resume

Post by fimjix » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:08 am

1) I am applying in this cycle and am not sure how much to put on the CV. The current one that I have feels too short to me.
2) I have a draft of SoP prepared, but it went a little too long and I am not sure which part to cut out. Apart from that I would also like to know whether my interests-experience balance is okay. It would be nice if someone could look at it.

I would be grateful for any help. :D

HubbleBubble

Re: Need Help with SoP and resume

Post by HubbleBubble » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:46 am

I’ll take a look. In general I think the idea of limiting yourself to one page is harmful - if you have a lot of posters, programming experience, awards, put it all down. That said, I have seen multiple paragraphs per research experience on a friend’s CV, which is clearly excessive and will not be read - those details can go into the essay.

fimjix

Re: Need Help with SoP and resume

Post by fimjix » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:08 am

HubbleBubble wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:46 am
I’ll take a look. In general I think the idea of limiting yourself to one page is harmful - if you have a lot of posters, programming experience, awards, put it all down. That said, I have seen multiple paragraphs per research experience on a friend’s CV, which is clearly excessive and will not be read - those details can go into the essay.
Thanks. I sent you a PM.