Page 1 of 1
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:13 am
My undergraduate major is physics.My university do not have any opportunity to do any undergraduate thesis or research works.I do not have any extra curriculum activities or any experience which can be written in my SOP. What can I write in my SOP for MS in Physics.My primary interest is Cosmology,Field theory or Gravity but even my university do not run any cosmology courses .How can I arrange my SOP to convince the admission committee to my interest?
Re: Sop writing
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:24 am
This is tough, but maybe you can write:
- Why you want MS and not PhD
- How did you learn about cosmology, etc as no courses are available in your uni
- Why you want to learn cosmology
- How far have you learned about the topic, mention some papers you have read
- What specific part of the topic you want to learn in your MS
- Why you think the prof in this uni can teach what you want to learn
MS are usually not funded. If you have your own source of funds, or have private/gov external funding for your MS, you can also mention that you do not need financial aid. That may be helpful. If you are so interested that you are willing to pay for it, it is more believable.