Bizarre ETS score report???

blackcat007

Bizarre ETS score report???

Post by blackcat007 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 pm

I had requested ETS to send both my PGRE and GRE scores to all the schools..

Don't they report both the scores on the same sheet of paper?? :x
i had been tracking the receipt of scores to all the schools.. and one of them showed under "the score received": only my GRE scores, so i thought their tracking system may have provision of only showing GRE scores.. I checked that school for "all scores received" in my excel checklist..

just a few moments ago.. i received a mail saying that they don't have my PGRE score :shock: .. they requested a copy of my score..so i made pdf of the MY GRE page and mailed them.

i still haven't heard from him.. will this copy serve the purpose?

to be honest when i received this mail from UFL, i to some extent jumped with joy..I thought may be an acceptance. but then this :P :cry:

blackcat007

Re: Bizarre ETS score report???

Post by blackcat007 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:12 pm

blackcat007 wrote:I had requested ETS to send both my PGRE and GRE scores to all the schools..

Don't they report both the scores on the same sheet of paper?? :x
i had been tracking the receipt of scores to all the schools.. and one of them showed under "the score received": only my GRE scores, so i thought their tracking system may have provision of only showing GRE scores.. I checked that school for "all scores received" in my excel checklist..

just a few moments ago.. i received a mail saying that they don't have my PGRE score :shock: .. they requested a copy of my score..so i made pdf of the MY GRE page and mailed them.

i still haven't heard from him.. will this copy serve the purpose?

to be honest when i received this mail from UFL, i to some extent jumped with joy..I thought may be an acceptance. but then this :P :cry:
ok they can't do with my online version of score report. they need the scanned copy of test taker's score report.. which I still haven't received.. what do I do now.. I just mailed him pleading for some more time.. :cry:

johnpauljones

Post by johnpauljones » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:32 pm

A similar situation happened with me. Apparently, when I took the general test, I didn't provide my social security number, and when I took the subject test, I did. So, my scores were placed in two separate files and not sent together. I was able to fix it with a quick call to ETS when the guy there searched for my record and saw two files come up, then merged them into one and had a second round of reports mailed out with everything together.

This happened a couple months ago, so most of my schools still got the scores on time, but one didn't. The admissions director there just had me self-report my scores while in the mean time I called ETS to have them resent (which I guess they do, once, as a 'courtesy').

Hope that helps.

blackcat007

Post by blackcat007 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:08 am

johnpauljones wrote:A similar situation happened with me. Apparently, when I took the general test, I didn't provide my social security number, and when I took the subject test, I did. So, my scores were placed in two separate files and not sent together. I was able to fix it with a quick call to ETS when the guy there searched for my record and saw two files come up, then merged them into one and had a second round of reports mailed out with everything together.

This happened a couple months ago, so most of my schools still got the scores on time, but one didn't. The admissions director there just had me self-report my scores while in the mean time I called ETS to have them resent (which I guess they do, once, as a 'courtesy').

Hope that helps.
Ah!! Thank you very much for sharing..I will call ETS today and request resending of the scores. but its a bit odd that all other schools got both my scores while UFL didn't :?

johnpauljones

Post by johnpauljones » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:15 pm

I also thought it was odd that only one of my schools didn't get the scores; I suspect that the school simply lost my score report from ETS among all the many, many score reports they receive every year (depending on the format they receive them in). That would make more sense than the alternative possibility, that for some reason ETS sent my scores to all of the schools on my list except one.

blackcat007

Post by blackcat007 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:37 pm

johnpauljones wrote:I also thought it was odd that only one of my schools didn't get the scores; I suspect that the school simply lost my score report from ETS among all the many, many score reports they receive every year (depending on the format they receive them in). That would make more sense than the alternative possibility, that for some reason ETS sent my scores to all of the schools on my list except one.
yes i too surmise that may be my score report was lost.. but you know you just can't question authority.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: