Schools that require unofficial GRE/PGRE report upload

cat_mama

Schools that require unofficial GRE/PGRE report upload

Post by cat_mama » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:08 pm

So some of my schools require me to upload a copy of the GRE/PGRE score report that I can download from my ETS page. The thing is, I took 2 PGRE, and the first one was abysmal (September 2019 test: 600, 28%) and the second one is the one that I want to send to schools (October 2019 test: 760, 60%), and both show up on my unofficial score report, even though ETS has options of submitting only scores I want to send. Would uploading a score report that shows both scores harm my application (well, more than a 760/60% would anyways)? The first test was so terrible because I didn't practice at all and have been out of school working full time. Second is also terrible (but relatively less so) since I crammed all my review into like 2-3 weeks while working full-time. I do have an older copy of unofficial score report that only has my general GRE on it, but idk, I don't want to be dishonest or anything and maybe hiding the abysmal score is dishonest? The official reports that I ordered online to send to all my schools is only for my general GRE and October PGRE. What's a good policy to follow here?

Nishikata

Re: Schools that require unofficial GRE/PGRE report upload

Post by Nishikata » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Upload the complete report. Frankly, You have not much to gain or lose with 760 being your highest score, anyway. my apologies.

you are ”lucky” that the scores are only a month apart, and that the first one is so terrible compared to the second one. It is more excusable if you say you were sick during the first test, you should never say that you weren’t studying!

They’ll probably nod that your true level is the 760 score, as the test dates are close.