Made mistakes in marking my answers in Physics GRE

TejasP1996

Made mistakes in marking my answers in Physics GRE

Post by TejasP1996 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:53 pm

I solved all the 100 questions in my physics GRE on 27th October 2018. I am confident that I would have solved at least 90 questions correctly (I usually commit silly mistakes, so I would set an upper bound of 10 questions incorrect). Unfortunately, I could not keep track of time properly. I marked the answers to first 80 questions properly. Due to lack of time, I screwed up while marking the remaining 20 questions. Is there any way out of this? Will ETS check answers from my question booklet? (I have ticked the answers on my booklet).

Also, what is the expected range of raw scores to score 990 in the exam conducted on 27th October 2018?

ayk

Re: Made mistakes in marking my answers in Physics GRE

Post by ayk » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:39 am

''Will ETS check answers from my question booklet?''
---NO
''what is the expected range of raw scores to score 990 in the exam conducted on 27th October 2018?''
--- about 85 I guess

kronotsky

Re: Made mistakes in marking my answers in Physics GRE

Post by kronotsky » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:46 pm

I got my score today, OP, so maybe yours is up. You can request a score review for $50, but it will put all of your score reports on hold and can take up to 4 weeks, so if you want to do it, you'd have to do it now and most likely include some explanation in your materials about why your scores are delayed. You do get refunded if your score changes. If your score is above a 950 (which is possible or even likely if you marked at least some of those 20 questions correctly and your estimates are accurate), then the marginal value of 30 extra points is almost certainly not worth the risk of getting materials in late. Cutoff for 990 is in the mid 80s, but remember that anywhere in the 80s will probably get you at least a 950.