GPA conversion for a semester of Study Abroad?

Senacchrib

GPA conversion for a semester of Study Abroad?

Post by Senacchrib » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:50 pm

I studied in Australia for a semester as a study abroad program, which did not have a 4.0 scale.

When listing my overall GPA in grad apps, do I convert this to a 4.0 scale and adjust my University overall GPA, or do I just negate this and send the study abroad transcript for each individual college to figure out?

william1942

Re: GPA conversion for a semester of Study Abroad?

Post by william1942 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:20 am

Hello There,
Senacchrib wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:50 pm
I studied in Australia for a semester as a study abroad program, which did not have a 4.0 scale.

When listing my overall GPA in grad apps, do I convert this to a 4.0 scale and adjust my University overall GPA, or do I just negate this and send the study abroad transcript for each individual college to figure out?
The students who are interested in studying abroad must have come across a term called “GPA”. The universities in the US, Australia, Canada and Europe follow a GPA grading system. GPA stands for “Grade Point Average”.

Just like in India, we follow a percentage system to access the student’s academic performance in schools or a CGPA in universities/colleges, International colleges use a GPA grading scale to evaluate the performance. To get admission to any undergraduate or postgraduate course you need to have a certain GPA as desired by that university. You can also join Abbey Road's high school study abroad programs