Is it bad to ask if programs will accept my fall semester grades?

PhysicsQuestions990

Is it bad to ask if programs will accept my fall semester grades?

Post by PhysicsQuestions990 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:24 pm

Many of the astro PhD programs I applied to had deadlines on dec 15th. I submitted these applications without any of my fall grades available. I have since sent emails to the admissions administrators at many of the schools I'm applying to asking if they will update my application with the most current version of my transcript (with fall semester grades). I'm now seeing that this might have been stupid, since some programs might not want to see these. Did I screw up here?

Many of the programs have responded saying that they'll update my file with the new transcript. So I guess that's good?

Act2021

Re: Is it bad to ask if programs will accept my fall semester grades?

Post by Act2021 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:00 pm

I did the same thing, more than half of the schools I applied to had a direct method right on my portal to upload either an updated transcript or a fall grade report. I emailed the remaining and all replaced my submitted transcript with the updated one without issue. I don't see how this can be a bad thing, especially if you had a good fall semester. :D

PhysicsQuestions990

Re: Is it bad to ask if programs will accept my fall semester grades?

Post by PhysicsQuestions990 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:43 pm

Act2021 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:00 pm
I did the same thing, more than half of the schools I applied to had a direct method right on my portal to upload either an updated transcript or a fall grade report. I emailed the remaining and all replaced my submitted transcript with the updated one without issue. I don't see how this can be a bad thing, especially if you had a good fall semester. :D
Yeah, I guess I just don't want to nag the department unnecessarily. Also I'm anxious... this process has got me all sorts of ways lol. What is done is done, I suppose.