Somebody help me please, I'm going insane

mcgirl

Somebody help me please, I'm going insane

Post by mcgirl » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Hey guys! I'm really going insane with all of those applications, so I would be extremely grateful, if somebody could tell me whether I should apply to Physics PhD?

So, I am one of those morons, who chose wrong major during freshman year. My CGPA is around 3.3, but major GPA is around 3.5.
I did not take GRE yet, only PGRE (don't know the score yet, but hopefully around 800)

Good thing is that I had a research internship in one of the top schools and got a great LOR from well-known prof. I attended couple of top labs and professors encougared me to apply (we keep in touch). Should I count on my good personal connections, or will my GPA screw it all?

If somebody could respond to this, that would make my day 100x better. Thanks guys <3
Last edited by mcgirl on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ayk

Re: Somebody help me please, I'm going insane

Post by ayk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:52 pm

You should.

jabennett2194

Post by jabennett2194 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Without a doubt apply. There are over a hundred schools on US News ranking that have incredible programs regarding of their rank and what GPA they accept.

jabennett2194

Post by jabennett2194 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:13 pm

mcgirl wrote:Hey guys! I'm really going insane with all of those applications, so I would be extremely grateful, if somebody could tell me whether I should apply to Physics PhD?

So, I am one of those morons, who chose wrong major during freshman year. My CGPA is around 3.3, but major GPA is around 3.5.
I did not take GRE yet, only PGRE (don't know the score yet, but hopefully around 800)

Good thing is that I had a research internship in one of the top schools and got a great LOR from well-known prof. I attended couple of top labs and professors encougared me to apply (we keep in touch). Should I count on my good personal connections, or will my GPA screw it all?

If somebody could respond to this, that would make my day 100x better. Thanks guys <3
Did you end up applying?! :D