Interviews

Dimensionless

Interviews

Post by Dimensionless » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:27 am

Hi Guys,

I have been invited for an interview in Switzerland, where they also want me to do a presentation of my master's thesis work. The tone of the email suggested they wanted to keep me for one full day (including staying in their guesthouse, but no explicit mention of covering the flight expenses). However, this is the thing: I live in America and it would be more convenient if I just interviewed over skype (which I thought is common nowadays). So I emailed the guy and asked him if he would consider that.

When I told a friend of mine about asking them to consider my geographical inconvenience, he sounded a bit skeptical since he thought the fact they are inviting me to come all the way over and spend a day with them means they probably are very interested in me and it sounds a bit demotivating from my end to try and just hose down the invite with a boring request for skype.

I'm probably being paranoid.

Love to hear your opinions.

Dimensionless

Re: Interviews

Post by Dimensionless » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:50 am

Correction: I have just learned they will cover my flight expense as well. It sounds like they really want me come down there and now I feel like an idiot for even mentioning skype.