UC-Riverside Or Rensselaer Polytech Inst-----CMP

fussyguy

UC-Riverside Or Rensselaer Polytech Inst-----CMP

Post by fussyguy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:27 am

UC-Riverside Or Rensselaer Polytech Inst-----Condensed Matter Physics. Anyone who can provide me some suggestions about school selection between these two universities?

sphy

Re: UC-Riverside Or Rensselaer Polytech Inst-----CMP

Post by sphy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:01 am

fussyguy wrote:UC-Riverside Or Rensselaer Polytech Inst-----Condensed Matter Physics. Anyone who can provide me some suggestions about school selection between these two universities?
Think about your interest and go the research page of both the schools and then join that one which matters you most, which is having a similar research going on there. Then look about the faculty profile and their publications history and the citations and lastly the locality can be a factor.

If I were You I would definitely choose UCR over RPI.

fussyguy

Post by fussyguy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:04 pm

sphy wrote:
fussyguy wrote:UC-Riverside Or Rensselaer Polytech Inst-----Condensed Matter Physics. Anyone who can provide me some suggestions about school selection between these two universities?
Think about your interest and go the research page of both the schools and then join that one which matters you most, which is having a similar research going on there. Then look about the faculty profile and their publications history and the citations and lastly the locality can be a factor.

Could you please tell me why would you choose UCR over RPI? Frankly saying, my research interests lie in nano-tech, and I am inclined to go to the industry after finishing my graduate study. And I think RPI has better comprehensive strength and reputation than UCR, however the physics group of RPI is not as good as UCR's. April 15 is approaching soon, but I am still entangling in these two schools, how can I help myself...

sphy

Post by sphy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:34 am

fussyguy wrote:
sphy wrote:

And I think RPI has better comprehensive strength and reputation than UCR, however the physics group of RPI is not as good as UCR's. ...
You have given the answer here. And I'm more or less interested in Physics so I would choose UCR but from your perspective it is different, since you want to go to industry.