anyone heard from NYU, UCSB or UCSC astro? I cannot tolerate this anymore

centarsirius

anyone heard from NYU, UCSB or UCSC astro? I cannot tolerate this anymore

Post by centarsirius » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:03 am

I have been rejected from 20 schools so far for astro and physics programs and these 3 are the only ones remaining. I don't have the mental capacity and as of late the physical capacity (got so worried abt grad apps that I had a fever :oops: ) to be played with in this process. I saw a few interview reqs and acceptances for all of these on gc but idk if they have decided on the kill list or would they still make offers or not. If anyone has any idea, please lmk, thanks!

ScienceNerd5

Re: anyone heard from NYU, UCSB or UCSC astro? I cannot tolerate this anymore

Post by ScienceNerd5 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:36 pm

centarsirius wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:03 am
I have been rejected from 20 schools so far for astro and physics programs and these 3 are the only ones remaining. I don't have the mental capacity and as of late the physical capacity (got so worried abt grad apps that I had a fever :oops: ) to be played with in this process. I saw a few interview reqs and acceptances for all of these on gc but idk if they have decided on the kill list or would they still make offers or not. If anyone has any idea, please lmk, thanks!

Are you international?

gaugeinvariance

Re: anyone heard from NYU, UCSB or UCSC astro? I cannot tolerate this anymore

Post by gaugeinvariance » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:35 am

These schools have sent out their offers in Feb, and USCS is holding open days for prospective students in March
I am not discouraging you but, according to my experience last year, March is usually a rejection month ...