GRE score report

mrfotih

GRE score report

Post by mrfotih » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi guys,

I have taken the PGRE test three times, but wanted to order an official copy of my my highest score to myself so that I can send its pdf version to the schools I am applying to. However, after talking to the ETS representative it became clear that it is not possible to do so. If one orders the test score for himself, they will send the results of all the tests taken in the past, so you can only send your particular score t o the score recipients, but I want pdf version of only the highest score.

Any advice is appreciated!

WhoaNonstop

Re: GRE score report

Post by WhoaNonstop » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm afraid that the ETS representative probably knows more than anyone else here. The only thing we can do for you is assure that having multiple scores listed will probably not hurt your chances at a school too much.

-Riley

blighter

Post by blighter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:22 pm

mrfotih wrote:Hi guys,

I have taken the PGRE test three times, but wanted to order an official copy of my my highest score to myself so that I can send its pdf version to the schools I am applying to. However, after talking to the ETS representative it became clear that it is not possible to do so. If one orders the test score for himself, they will send the results of all the tests taken in the past, so you can only send your particular score t o the score recipients, but I want pdf version of only the highest score.

Go to the page where you get to see the scores. Save page. Edit html as you wish. Print as pdf.

At least that's what I did, although I only took the test once. I didn't want to show them all my other score recipients.

mrfotih

Post by mrfotih » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:11 pm

blighter wrote:

Go to the page where you get to see the scores. Save page. Edit html as you wish. Print as pdf.

At least that's what I did, although I only took the test once. I didn't want to show them all my other score recipients.
WHen did you apply? Last year? They did not ask about it?

blighter

Post by blighter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:21 pm

mrfotih wrote:
blighter wrote:

WHen did you apply? Last year? They did not ask about it?
It's only the unofficial score. You'd have to send in the official scores (directly from ETS) eventually.

I'm applying this year, by the way.

mrfotih

Post by mrfotih » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:01 pm

ETS says "Additional score reports (ASRs) can be ordered for a fee of US$25 per score recipient".
I was wondering whether they send both the general and the subject scores together for $25?

WhoaNonstop

Post by WhoaNonstop » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:38 pm

mrfotih wrote:ETS says "Additional score reports (ASRs) can be ordered for a fee of US$25 per score recipient".
I was wondering whether they send both the general and the subject scores together for $25?
They do.

-Riley

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:12 pm

mrfotih wrote:ETS says "Additional score reports (ASRs) can be ordered for a fee of US$25 per score recipient".
They do, if you ask them to. You can choose to send only the General score to a school though.

Also, to the OP, for one school, they wanted the PDF too but I didn't want to show them where else my scores were sent, so I took a screenshot, edited the image (in a very obvious way so it's not like I'm trying to hide the fact that I did it) to hide the info I didn't want shown (e.g. where else I sent the scores) and saved it as a PDF.

I guess if you want to send only one score and not let the school know that multiple test attempts have been taken, then it would require a bit more work to photoshop the background so only one test score appears. You might not be able to completely hide the fact that more than one test was taken, but you can at least make it difficult to tell if you took the test 2 times or like 5 times, if you choose to do so.

ronak

Post by ronak » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:52 am

I am going to face the same problem. I have two GRE scores, and I don't want to display the lower score, but my copy contains both scores together. Now during graduate application procedure, all most all universities want me to upload my copy of unofficial score which contains both the scores. I am in great dilemma now that how to tackle such problem? We actually don't want to disobey our ethics but ETS makes us breach our principles.

Have you(TakeruK) faced any difficulty in getting admission after you made changes to your unofficial score?

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:28 pm

ronak wrote:I am going to face the same problem. I have two GRE scores, and I don't want to display the lower score, but my copy contains both scores together. Now during graduate application procedure, all most all universities want me to upload my copy of unofficial score which contains both the scores. I am in great dilemma now that how to tackle such problem? We actually don't want to disobey our ethics but ETS makes us breach our principles.

Have you(TakeruK) faced any difficulty in getting admission after you made changes to your unofficial score?
Just to clarify: You are asking if I had any difficulty getting admission after I modified my unofficial score report to hide the Physics GRE score and only show my General GRE score?

The answer is no. Back in the Fall 2012 application season, only one school asked me to upload the unofficial score report PDF because they had a problem getting my scores electronically. That school required the General GRE score but the Physics GRE score was optional, so I sent the PDF with a note that I have removed my Physics GRE score. I was admitted to that school but chose to attend elsewhere.

But this is just a sample size of one.