Nov 2012 scores (glitch?)

greatspirits

Nov 2012 scores (glitch?)

Post by greatspirits » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 pm

This is sort of redundant, so sorry I already posted a similar post on another thread, but it looked like that thread was somewhat dead...thought I might have a better chance at a reply this way... Anyway

I had some delay in getting my scores for Nov 2011 exam; my account was a little screwed up. Apparently scores should be mailed next week and hold on account was just recently cleared. But... I first took the exam in Nov 2008, and now again in 2011. Right now it is showing the same score for each test. This doesn't really make any sense to me. I was not prepared at all for the 2008 exam, have since gotten my MS in Physics since, and prepared quite well for 2011 exam. I also answered about 1.5 the amount of problems on 2011 exam. Getting the same score seems a little far fetched to me. I'm hoping this is just a temporary 'glitch' so to speak. I saw a similar thread on here and posted there also. So, does anybody know if this could be a temporary 'glitch' so to speak, or have a related experience that has panned out already? ...would rather not have to purchase hand scoring if possible.

Minovsky

Re: Nov 2012 scores (glitch?)

Post by Minovsky » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:39 am

"Oh no! I didn't get any replies within 10 minutes of posting! That thread must be dead! Must start a new thread with the same question!"

In case you couldn't tell, whenever someone posts a new post, that thread moves to the top of the list and becomes highlighted if the user hasn't read it yet. If people care, they will read that post. If they really care, they will reply. Posting the same question multiple times often makes people care less.

greatspirits

Post by greatspirits » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Oh boy... :roll:

kangaroo

Post by kangaroo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:21 pm

*concurs with Minovsky*

And seriously, answering more questions does not really mean anything. Ask for hand scoring by all means, but if it's just stemming from a sense that you should get a better score because of your overestimation of your physics skills, you might as well save your money.

ronab89

Post by ronab89 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:09 am

is there a reason why people are such assholes on these forums????? cause the sarcasm is insane on these things can any one explain that??????????