Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

User avatar
satyad18
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by satyad18 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:32 pm

I got a 770(68%)! I think I'm doomed! :cry:
P.S: I'm from India.

Kaumz
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by Kaumz » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:10 am

840 !! percentage below 79%
from India..hopefully this will be enough

hamadahoda007
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by hamadahoda007 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:44 am

It feels strange that my 940 is just 77 raw score !!

pbutti88
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by pbutti88 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 am

76% 820. Not so bad.. Not so good..

gamerhiggs
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by gamerhiggs » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:25 am

860,82%, raw score is 69.
the raw score is not what i expected and i also know that 990 is 81 raw score. everyone thought that this test was easy as the october. but the raw score seems a different thing.

kapil_ds
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:50 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by kapil_ds » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:02 pm

hamadahoda007 wrote:It feels strange that my 940 is just 77 raw score !!
That seems very strange, since my formula score is 80 for 930.
Break up is as follows

Score - 930, % Below - 90 Correct - 82 Incorrect - 10 Omits - 8 Formula Score - 80

Can other folks also post their raw scores just to make sure that ETS hasn't screwed up?

Thanks,
Kapil

Dreaded Anomaly
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:13 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by Dreaded Anomaly » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:51 pm

750 (65%, raw score 58). About what I was expecting.

User avatar
WhoaNonstop
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by WhoaNonstop » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:11 pm

kapil_ds wrote:
hamadahoda007 wrote:It feels strange that my 940 is just 77 raw score !!
That seems very strange, since my formula score is 80 for 930.
Break up is as follows

Score - 930, % Below - 90 Correct - 82 Incorrect - 10 Omits - 8 Formula Score - 80

Can other folks also post their raw scores just to make sure that ETS hasn't screwed up?

Thanks,
Kapil
I had a 75 raw and got an 890. Hamada should probably check his results again.

-Riley

kapil_ds
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:50 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by kapil_ds » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:43 pm

WhoaNonstop wrote:
kapil_ds wrote:
hamadahoda007 wrote:It feels strange that my 940 is just 77 raw score !!
That seems very strange, since my formula score is 80 for 930.
Break up is as follows

Score - 930, % Below - 90 Correct - 82 Incorrect - 10 Omits - 8 Formula Score - 80

Can other folks also post their raw scores just to make sure that ETS hasn't screwed up?

Thanks,
Kapil
I had a 75 raw and got an 890. Hamada should probably check his results again.

-Riley
I wonder if there are two sets of scores. Gamerhiggs raw score of 69 (860) matches up well with Hamada's 77 (940) while Riley's 75 (890) matches up with mine 80 (930).

skcush
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by skcush » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:04 am

890, 85%, raw score 75

hpakzad
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by hpakzad » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:19 am

My result is still not available. :(
can anyone tell what is the problem?

janapka
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by janapka » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:27 am

Bad one, 520 thanks to last three week before the exam spend between hospital and home... Dunno, should I state I had accident before the exam etc. It makes me feel weird (like oooohhhh sorry people I look bad but I'm not...), though it's an explanation (I guess no years of research experience and published paper can't overpower this...)

merlined
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by merlined » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:43 pm

I got a 520 -13%. Wow that is bad. It was my first GRE try and I am over five years removed from college graduation. Will any school accept me?

merlined
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:06 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Post by merlined » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:55 pm

WhoaNonstop wrote:No, they don't tell you that information via the phone.

Although I would say it is very similar to the October test.

I'd assume it looks something close to this

990 - 95% - 87 RAW
980 - 94% - 86
970 - 93% - 85
960 - 92% - 84
950 - 91% - 83
940 - 90% - 82
930 - 89% - 81
920 - 88% - 80
910 - 87% - 79
900 - 86% - 78
890 - 85% - 77

-Riley
Seems like this does not hold for the lower scores. I have seen 660 - 46% and my score 520 - 13%. I am not sure how this is scored overall but is it possible that so many test takers were around the 660-520 range that each increasing score meant a large increase in percentile?

User avatar
WhoaNonstop
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Post by WhoaNonstop » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:58 pm

merlined wrote:
WhoaNonstop wrote:No, they don't tell you that information via the phone.

Although I would say it is very similar to the October test.

I'd assume it looks something close to this

990 - 95% - 87 RAW
980 - 94% - 86
970 - 93% - 85
960 - 92% - 84
950 - 91% - 83
940 - 90% - 82
930 - 89% - 81
920 - 88% - 80
910 - 87% - 79
900 - 86% - 78
890 - 85% - 77

-Riley
Seems like this does not hold for the lower scores. I have seen 660 - 46% and my score 520 - 13%. I am not sure how this is scored overall but is it possible that so many test takers were around the 660-520 range that each increasing score meant a large increase in percentile?
Of course it does not hold for lower scores. The difference in raw score is greater for lower scores.

-Riley

merlined
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:06 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Post by merlined » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:14 am

WhoaNonstop wrote:
merlined wrote:
WhoaNonstop wrote:No, they don't tell you that information via the phone.

Although I would say it is very similar to the October test.

I'd assume it looks something close to this

990 - 95% - 87 RAW
980 - 94% - 86
970 - 93% - 85
960 - 92% - 84
950 - 91% - 83
940 - 90% - 82
930 - 89% - 81
920 - 88% - 80
910 - 87% - 79
900 - 86% - 78
890 - 85% - 77

-Riley
Seems like this does not hold for the lower scores. I have seen 660 - 46% and my score 520 - 13%. I am not sure how this is scored overall but is it possible that so many test takers were around the 660-520 range that each increasing score meant a large increase in percentile?
Of course it does not hold for lower scores. The difference in raw score is greater for lower scores.

-Riley

Around my score of 520 - if I increased a few points on the raw score would I increase drastically on the percentile?

User avatar
WhoaNonstop
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Post by WhoaNonstop » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:00 am

merlined wrote:Around my score of 520 - if I increased a few points on the raw score would I increase drastically on the percentile?
No... This means that for higher scores a change in 1 raw score point could mean a change in score, while for medium-lower scores, there is a broader range of scores for different raw scores.

-Riley



Post Reply