Hand scoring query again

igneous

Hand scoring query again

Post by igneous » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:07 am

Hi guys
This is my first post in this forum. I appeared for the Nov 7 Physics GRE test and I have received my score (820). That was bit painful??? But there is a discrepancy in the number of questions omitted. As far as my memory goes, I omitted just 5 questions but the score card says it is 9. I think the scantron has failed to notice a couple of bubbles. I am planning to go for rescoring. In the worst case scenario if all those 4 answers are wrong, my raw score may reduce by 1 point, isn't it? Has anyone been in a similar situation and seen an increase in the score? Is it worth taking the risk? Any advice is most welcome. Thanx in advance.

electricdipole

Re: Hand scoring query again

Post by electricdipole » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:36 pm

What raw score did you get on your test? I got 830 with a raw score of 72, so I wondered what the difference was in raw scores between an 830 and an 820.

mtey

Re: Hand scoring query again

Post by mtey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:16 am

Interesting enough I had the same problem in my math exam in November. There is a 4 question discrepancy between my expected and my reported omits. So what did you do? If you have requested hand scoring option can you give me some details please. And wtf I remember omitting 5 and my record says 9. This is strange...