who gets the scores?

serali

who gets the scores?

Post by serali » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:45 pm

I was wondering where exactly does ETS send the toefl/gre scores to? Departments or graduate school?

geshi

Re: who gets the scores?

Post by geshi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:53 pm

You specify where you want them to send the scores. Check with individual programs where they want you to send them. Some schools made me pay an extra 20$ to send scores to BOTH the grad office and the physics department. I was rather annoyed about that one ...

serali

Post by serali » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am

Are you sure about that? I am asking because I can't check how it works for GRE right now (ETS rejected my credit card and blocked my account - I am trying to clear it now).
I can check from my Toefl ibt profile. Do you pick "undergraduate schools" while choosing the school type in order to send to the department?

geshi

Post by geshi » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:33 pm

If you're doing it by phone, then I'm not sure I know how to do it. I believe by phone you have to enter the school code then they ask for department code which you can specify or not. I've never actually done it via phone though. I am certain that submitting request via the internet will let you specify graduate office vs department.

Doing it by the internet you do this:
You select which scores to send.
Select country.
Select state (or province? I've never submitted to any country other than US schools).
Then you are offered a list of schools to pick from in that state. Pick your school
Then it has a text box where you can type in the department name (e.g. physics, math, etc). You then select the proper department from a list. On this page there is also a "skip" button.
Done.