Sending scores

Imperate

Sending scores

Post by Imperate » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:53 pm

When I took the General GRE I had them send my scores to the 4 schools.

Am I correct in thinking that when I do the PGRE the 4 I choose them to send it to, they will send both the GRE and PGRE scores, so it would be wise for me to choose four different schools than the original 4 I had the Gen GRE sent to? Then I will only have to pay for the PGRE to be sent to the original 4 schools the Gen GRE was sent to ($40). And I would have sent everything necessary for 8 apps?

As oppose to if I send the PGRE scores to same 4 Gen GRE schools I picked, I will just be duplicating Gen GRE score reports to the same schools and for the other 4 schools I'll have to pay for both PGRE and GRE ($80)?

Ren

Re: Sending scores

Post by Ren » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:28 pm

I think you are right. When you register for the test you can choose for them to send both general and physics GRE scores. but i havn't actually taken the test yet, so i'm not entirely sure.

Helio

Re: Sending scores

Post by Helio » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:31 am

just on another note... some schools are how should i say.. secretive about where to send scores and whether they need the department code. this is crucial if you are applying to schools where you will need decide between departments