Difficulty of question asked in PGRE exam

FranCliP

Difficulty of question asked in PGRE exam

Post by FranCliP » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:35 am

Hi friends ,
I am an electrical engineering student , interested in applying M.S in physics program in Europe . So i have started preparing for this , when i searched the web how to study for PGRE , most effective and common suggestion is go through the recommended books( recommended by Yoni kahn in their website ) for each subject and solve the problems in it . When i did for classical dynamics of systems and particles by marion for the second chapter , the problems are conceptually easy but mathematically rigorous which means it take 10-15 steps to get to the answer , whether this kind of problems will appear in the PGRE exam or not ? and whether i have to read all chapters in these books.

Tubal-Cain

Re: Difficulty of question asked in PGRE exam

Post by Tubal-Cain » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:05 pm

The problems on the physics GRE range form no-brainer problems like "What does this mean?" to hard rigorous ones that ask "What is the expectation value of Lz?" or "find the partition function."

Check out "Conquering The Physics GRE second edition."

FranCliP

Re: Difficulty of question asked in PGRE exam

Post by FranCliP » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:13 pm

so it's worth solving the text book problems , if yes does i have to solve all the problems in the recommended text books ?