What to do

denn21

What to do

Post by denn21 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:43 am

Hey guys,

I'm doing the physics GRE in 2 weeks. I've already done the 5 sample papers given by the ets twice, and i've studied alot of physics concepts within the last 3 weeks. What should i do in the following weeks? Any suggestions to improve my score?

Thanks!!!

P-representation

Re: What to do

Post by P-representation » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 pm

If you haven't done so already, it might be worth focussing on some specific topics which always show up on the PGRE.

For example, you should read the first chapter of Griffith's book on Particle Physics thoroughly. You'd nearly always get a couple of really simple questions from that chapter.

For special relativity, I think there are only 3 kinds of questions which can be asked. Just practice each type well and you'd be able to crack them with your eyes closed.

For mechanics, it's useful to keep some standard formulae at hand like for example, the energy transferred in an elastic and inelastic collision, rocket equation etc...

For electrodynamics, boundary conditions are extremely important and you might be asked some tricky questions on calculating the electric or magnetic field after a reflection.

Last but not the least, it might also be useful to do a bit of general reading on the latest stuff happening in physics, particularly the nobel prizes. There are always some random questions on them.

I hope this helps!

denn21

Re: What to do

Post by denn21 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:37 am

thank you very much!!!