How much better can i do after “taking home test” level?

Pawnister

How much better can i do after “taking home test” level?

Post by Pawnister » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:21 pm

Hey guys, before anything I appreciate your helps
I’m gonna take 10 April 2021 test and I studied about 1 month more or less, and I think my knowledge is good
I was a little confident untill I took the first sample test of the book Conquering the Physics GRE, that was my first problem solving exam simulation
I scored about 40 corrects and that disappointed me, my native language is not English and I had a little problem in understanding of problems and I had not read the last three chapters of the book, I studied problem solutions and learned some new stuff and I think my underestanding of meaning of questions improved too, I took the exam 2 days after no studying and reviewing and I had 98 corrects (It was silly to do that?)
Now I have a question, upper limit of my goal score is about 900, fully studying second and third sample tests of the book + fully study and reviewing 7 recent PGRE that is out there in this 20 days that left can help me to get there? or should I quit already...
sry for low English

occamsshaver12

Re: How much better can i do after “taking home test” level?

Post by occamsshaver12 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:08 am

It depends on how well your prior knowledge is but if you have decent knowledge (which it seems like you do) and if you, at least, do the latest 3-4 PGRE tests thoroughly (by thoroughly I mean not only understand the solution/question but also try to see what they were testing through that problem and why the other options were wrong), you should be fine. Just keep on solving and understanding the problems, that itself should get you a bulk of the score since most problems are somewhat repeated.

Pawnister

Re: How much better can i do after “taking home test” level?

Post by Pawnister » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Thanks for helping
Actually I took second sample yesterday and the result was noticeable progress
Thank you again