No Test Locations in MA for April 4th 2020?

fduffy0328

No Test Locations in MA for April 4th 2020?

Post by fduffy0328 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:42 pm

I just went onto ETS to register for the April 4th test in MA and there are no locations/ all seats are filled? I'm shocked. New Hampshire and Connecticut both have 4 locations with multiple seats left over... Did ETS drop the ball or am I just way too late the game as a prospective MA physics grad?

Wondering.. has ETS ever opened up new locations in light of demand?

My plan was to take the April test so that during the summer I could have more to say about my preparedness when meeting potential advisers at the schools I plan to visit... major bummer dudes

lcastro

Re: No Test Locations in MA for April 4th 2020?

Post by lcastro » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:36 pm

They only offered one April session in Boston which seems like a wild oversight. They filled up by October (registration opened in like July/August). Boston is a big college town, it just doesn't make any sense to offer a single test with what, like a hundred seats? There's definitely the demand for more seats, I have multiple friends who are stuck driving to CT/RI/NH to get to the next closest tests with availability.

ES

Re: No Test Locations in MA for April 4th 2020?

Post by ES » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:24 pm

As far as I know, someone at your university can contact ETS to arrange a supplementary test center or something like that. I'm not sure how it's done but the department of chemistry at my university did that and now they offer GRE subject tests to us during October. If you google "GRE supplementary test center" you should find more info.

I'm not sure how long it will take to make this arrangement but I think you might miss April exam. doesn't hurt to try tho.

good luck