Awaiting acceptance/ decline letters

• As many already know, studying for the physics GRE and getting accepted into a graduate program is not the final hurdle in your physics career.
  • There are many issues current physics graduate students face such as studying for their qualifier, deciding upon a field of research, choosing an advisor, being an effective teaching assistant, trying to have a social life, navigating department politics, dealing with stress, utilizing financial aid, etc.

Sally

Awaiting acceptance/ decline letters

Post by Sally » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:05 am

Has anyone had an acceptance emails yet from their PhD applications for fall 24?
Not sure if I maybe should have applied to more- 10 applications and nothing as yet 😔
Good luck everyone.

adeavilacadena

Re: Awaiting acceptance/ decline letters

Post by adeavilacadena » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:32 pm

In the prospective graduate students forum, there is the 2024 cycle posts about what schools people are applying for. You may want to check there. I have seen some acceptances and rejections.

user188

Prospective student

Post by user188 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:37 am

Hi,
I applied to Stanford for Physics (PhD - Astrophysics).
But I haven't received the email to check my status. I've seen that many have received either acceptance or rejection :( for different fields.
Do you think that are all the offers out??

adeavilacadena

Re: Awaiting acceptance/ decline letters

Post by adeavilacadena » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:03 am

If you have not received a notice to check your portal, then you are either still being considered or haven't been look at. No news is good news. Schools should get back to you, the latest, early April. There is still hope!