Building Physics Graduate School Profiles - People are encouraged to share their knowledge about a particular school by adding to that schools profile thread.
Prospective Physics Graduate Student Topics - Of course there is a lot of great information about schools being discussed in the prospective physics graduate students forum.
Some items you might want to think about while researching graduate physics departments are:
- Admissions Requirements - With this information you can determine which schools you want to apply to, when you need to apply, and what materials are required.
- Areas of Research - Most department websites go into great detail about research the faculty is engaged in. It is important to find a school that shares your research interests.
- Graduate Coursework - You can learn a great deal about specialties of the program by looking at all of the graduate courses they offer.
- Financial Aid - Most department websites list the types and amounts of financial aid they offer their graduate students. This may be an important factor when deciding which schools to apply to.
- Qualifier Exams - Many schools require that you pass qualifying exams to attain a degree. Many of these schools provide information and resources to help you prepare for the exam. These resources may also help you prepare for qualifier exams at other institutions.