Physics Equations List

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

jdunlap959

Physics Equations List

Post by jdunlap959 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:03 pm

I would find it extremely helpful if there was a list of important physics equations to study somewhere on this site. Is there already one that I haven't stumbled upon yet? Has anyone made one up or know where to point me to find one? Thanks for your help and thanks to the creator of this site, so very helpful!

Grant
site admin

Post by Grant » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:41 pm

You can find a list of basic physics equations through the following url:
http://www.physicsgre.com/physics-equations.shtml

It probably isn't exactly what you are looking for but the pdf file referenced through the link above is a pretty good start.

I imagine that every student that takes the exam has some form of an equation list to study from. It would sure be nice to find a way to collectively create a master list of physics gre equations and publish it for everybody. Maybe the list would be broken into separate classifications of formulas like "absolutely essential", "essential", "good to know", "can't hurt to know", and "probably not important". Let me know if you have any ideas. Anyway, I imagine that the pdf file referenced above probably covers most of the "absolutely essential" and "essential" type equations.

jdunlap959

Post by jdunlap959 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:55 pm

Wow, how did I overlook that? That is very much what I was looking for. Thank you! I can easily build off of that, but didn't want to start from scratch. I agree, a more focused list of equations with designations of importance would be slightly more useful, but this is a very good start.

GILCHRIST

I was looking for such list

Post by GILCHRIST » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:50 am

Great

Finally I got the list of equations.Thanks for the members who sorted out for

all the people together.This is an appreciable event.

Thanks
Gilchrist

Online math game