Time

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

gunnar

Time

Post by gunnar » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Hei

I have put together a theory. It addresses and answers almost everything about how our universe works. Those answers might of course be very wrong and naive.
The theory contains some ideas about the universe that I have not found anything written about. There for it is rather hard to release it all in one.
So I decided to ask you guys and girls what you think about some statements or chapters in it, if you have some interest or opinion on it.

(Something similar might already be published by someone else, I do not know. But if that is the case I do not mean to steal ideas. It only means that I agree with it. Many of us can come to the same conclusion).

Please comment.

"The chapter about time"

Time

With space there came time.

Time can only exist in space. If there is no space there is no time. Time is not an individual thing. It is the result of space.

Time like we understand it does really not exist. Time is only a measurement we have like meters, feet, ounces, litres, degrees and so on. Time measures the movement of matter in space.

Time is the only three dimensional measuring scale we have.

Without time matter would be stuck in space. It could not move around. But matter can always move in space. That indicates time is a measurement but not an individual thing.

You can not stop time, but for you time can stop. You cannot go forward or backwards in time because it does not exist individually. You cannot even travel in time in theory.

Memories are the cause for why we think of time like we do. We are no less than a miracle. We are matter that can register position of matter in space and use that data later. But that is all memories are. Registering position of surten matter at a surten place in space, not time. Take a pen and put it on a table. Look at it for a moment and then move it. Then look at it again. You remember when the pen was in another place. Your mind registered it. The time it was there was a measurement.

Time slows down when you travel fast. The faster you travel the more time slows down. This is because if you travel very very fast you are closer to being everywhere in space at the same time. And since time is a measurement of matter moving in space it shows lower measurements when you travel very fast because if you could be everywhere at the same “moment” you could not register your movement in space.

When you reach the speed of light time stops. That might be because at that speed you reach the point of being at two places in space at the same “moment” and that is not possible so time stops. This might be because the matter or energy moving at light speed cannot have any movement within itself because of its situation of being on the edge of being at two places and there for it is not possible to register movement within that matter or energy.

So, you interested, what you say? Throw it or keep it?

Best regards

gunnar

negru

Re: Time

Post by negru » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:56 pm

it's really good man you should submit it to a journal

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Very impressive. I think philosophers and physicists will enjoy reading this.

My only concern is the following example you gave. It was hard to follow. I think it would be best illustrated with a sequence of images in a figure, to guide the reader through it.
gunnar wrote:Registering position of surten matter at a surten place in space, not time. Take a pen and put it on a table. Look at it for a moment and then move it. Then look at it again. You remember when the pen was in another place. Your mind registered it. The time it was there was a measurement.

gunnar

Post by gunnar » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Thanks negru and quizivex.

Compliments can carry one far.

I know what you mean quizivex. I worked a lot on that sentence. But trying to get your own thoughts, understandings or discoveries that are not common into the minds of others so that they are not misunderstood is not easy. I see this so clearly now, but I know it is not easy to see it. It took me more than 10 years of thinking. I hope those 10 years were well spent :lol:

I thank you for the tip and I will see if I can come up with a better description.

But like I said in the entrance this is just one chapter of a larger picture. The whole theory explains so much. It is hard to eat a whole cake at once. Bit by bit is easier. So if there is interest I will without a doubt continue to put in chapters.

Best regards and thanks

gunnar

grae313

Post by grae313 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Wow, I'm speechless. How old are you, gunnar?

gunnar

Post by gunnar » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:10 am

grae313 wrote:Wow, I'm speechless. How old are you, gunnar?
I was kind of caught off guard by your question about my age. I wasn’t expecting any questions.

I try never to expect anything. Expectations are the fuel for disappointments.

But it is no secret, I am 34. Born May 3. 1977 to be more precise.

Best regards

gunnar