I just found an AMAZING site for predicting grade distributi

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

InquilineKea

I just found an AMAZING site for predicting grade distributi

Post by InquilineKea » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:32 am

http://www.myedu.com/

Wow, it is almost criminal in how well its predictions match up with the actual grade distributions of classes I've taken. It's not completely accurate, but it's still far better than anything before.

For one thing, it's definitely correct about the courses that give everyone 4.0s, and also about the courses with massive grade deflation. And grade inflation too.

And it pretty consistently predicts which professors are the toughest graders.

I seriously wonder where it gets its data from. It has only been here for a year, but it has data all the way from 2004 (so it can't just be user input). I'm curious - do you think the site's grade distributions are accurate?

ticklecricket

Re: I just found an AMAZING site for predicting grade distributi

Post by ticklecricket » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Just found? Or were paid to promote?

InquilineKea

Re: I just found an AMAZING site for predicting grade distributi

Post by InquilineKea » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Honestly, this site is like ratemyprofessors.com. It doesn't even take money from people.

If we accused every site of being spam, then NONE of us would EVER find useful websites like this.

Seriously, it's like McCarthyism.

I'm just curious about this. First of all, I like sharing resources with people. Second of all, I'd like the inputs of others to see if they perceive its grade distributions as accurate. That's all.