2) By hpharty:VT wrote:I was only joking,I do not want to take any legal step against the university that I'd really love to go.
Your friends are full of ***. No one is monitoring this website. No one has the time or desire to go through hundreds of threads trying to identify students talking about their programs.
3) By butsurigakusha :hpharty wrote:I had a good chuckle imagining people full of asterisks just now.
twistor wrote:This data clearly shows the test is biased towards males.
will wrote:The physics GRE is biased towards theorists,
4) By physicsdude:butsurigakusha wrote:the physics GRE has a strong bias against people who don't understand physics.
woooster wrote:Hi, today on the way to the lab, I saw one of my recommenders, and he is in the admission committee for my school this year. He told me about how the admission works, so I would like to share.
physicsdude wrote:Here is an approach adopted in one program I know about: you take all the folders and then throw away randomly most of them: you didn't want unlucky people in your program anyway
5) By RG:
6) By grae313:RG wrote:my research group will focus on how to cultivate weeds and also design and run experiments that will allow us to distinguish several kinds based on thier smell, taste etc.
s.girish999 wrote:Hello everyone......
I am currently pursuing my MSc. Physics from an Indian University.
Do I need to give both GRE General and Subject test to be eligible for a foreign university for doing my Phd.??Is TOEFL required??Do I get any scholarship while doing my Phd. abroad. What are the various formalities??
Plzz mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org if possible.....
7) By quizivex:grae313 wrote:Do you know how to use google? Do you feed yourself with a spoon or do your parents do it for you?
8.) By goodfromfar:quizivex wrote:The probability of getting 3 garden posts in one day is as small as the probability of being accepted to all of the top 10 grad schools with a 210 PGRE, a 2.1 GPA as an international student with a criminal record.
9) By fermiboy:goodfromfar wrote:did anyone write a "diversity" essay?
The truth would sound like, "I smoked crack in high school and hung out with a lot of homeless losers and pregnant drop outs. Really, it's a miracle I even received a BS," when I'm sure admissions wants to hear "I came from a disadvantaged background and had to work especially hard to break all the barriers that were put up before me"
disoriented wrote:Will anyone else be attending UChicago?
butsurigakusha wrote:Sorry, I think you are the only one.
twistor wrote:As will said, you are the only one this year. And they are notorious for weeding out 50% of the incoming class.
quizivex wrote:And unfortunately, when they weed out half a person, the other half tends to go down with it...
10) By garden:fermiboy wrote:Stephen Hawking is an important exception to this rule.
garden wrote:I would say that you guys should *** off the school with damn committee, which they put you guys down because of your GREs not over 90%. Why? because they are so conservative!