when to apply

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

TheSync

when to apply

Post by TheSync » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:49 pm

I was curious as to when the best time to apply actually is. Say for instance, an application to a particular school is Jan 15th - Does it matter if you send in your application on Dec 15th compared to Jan 14th? Also, is it only when an application is 100% complete that anyone actually looks at it, or does admission look before everything is submitted?

Would it be a good idea to start the application process before you have all of the component of the applications. For example, I am taking the general gre in december. So I wont be able to give schools the official test results until close to the application deadlines.

Thanks for any help in advance.

dunecastle

Post by dunecastle » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:27 am

Some schools review applications on a rolling basis, while some others wait until all applicants have submit their applications. With your GRE problem, you may send the other components of your application first, and send your GRE score as soon as you get the result. And of course, you should notify the school of this plan.