URGENT!

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

phantom

URGENT!

Post by phantom » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:47 pm

Hi everyone!

Maybe somebody already asked this recently, but I don't have time to look.
I'm taking GRE Physics this Saturday, and I already added 4 schools which are going to receive my scores. However, I changed my mind and don't want 2 schools to receive my scores (at least not until I see them since it's not required for them). I thought I could call and change it, but I read on my ticket that I have to send it in the mail. Tomorrow is the last day they can receive it, so am I out of luck completely? They're in NJ, and I'm in IL, so I'm not even sure my letter can get there tomorrow if I send it tomorrow :( Did anyone else have the same problem?

Is there any chance I could delete two of the school recipients by phone or email? It's really urgent... any advice would be appreciated...
phantom

armft

Post by armft » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:11 pm

I doubt you'll be able to delete them at this point, but you could try the general services number 1-866-473-4373. The website says they open at 8 eastern.

Good luck.

phantom

Post by phantom » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:24 am

thanks armft for the info... i guess i just need to hope that i will do well on the test :)

sirjetpackbob

Post by sirjetpackbob » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:18 am

I already sent back my ticket stub, so I don't know for sure, but I thought they also had a fax number on there. If you can hunt down a fax machine this afternoon, that would probably work.

Edit: Found this on there website:

When you receive your admission ticket, check it carefully to make sure your identifying information, address, and score recipients are correct.

If not, make the changes on the correction stub (name changes are not allowed, but misspellings can be corrected) and mail it to the address printed on the form. You may also fax the form to 1-610-290-8975.

marten

Post by marten » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:58 am

I didn't get my corrections stub until Monday, so I was concerned about making changes. I called, and the good news is you can email your corrections.

gre-info@ets.org

Include a bunch of info, like registration number, ssn, etc... Changes can't be made over the phone, unfortunately. You can also fax the form!

Marten

phantom

Post by phantom » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:49 pm

Hi sirjetpackbob,

thanks for the fax number... i don't know how i didn't notice that myself on my admission ticket... foolish me :)
i sent it yesterday, so hopefully everything is fine...