MS in Astronomy

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

sgshubham

MS in Astronomy

Post by sgshubham » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:59 am

Hello friends! This is my first post here. I am pursuing B.Tech from NIT Kurukshetra in India in Electronics and Communications branch. I want to take up astronomy and astrophysics for MS. Please suggest some good universities abroad and what scores(General gre and Physics gre) i need to achieve to get into those. Also, my GPA is around 7/10 in B.Tech.

What other requirements are there to get into a good university for studying astronomy? Also tell if some kind of scholarship is possible.

Thanks

Catria

Re: MS in Astronomy

Post by Catria » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:32 pm

Perhaps some research experience is in order...

Then again, for scholarships to kick in, most of the time, apply for a PhD, pass the quals and then you can claim a MS.

sgshubham

Re: MS in Astronomy

Post by sgshubham » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:20 am

Thanks for the quick reply Catria. I also wanted to ask what gre scores(General and physics) are accepted in some good universities.
Also, is it absolute requirement that I should have done some research in Physics?

Thanks a lot.