Studying Electricity and Magnetism

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

klay211

Studying Electricity and Magnetism

Post by klay211 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:42 pm

MY UG was in electrical engineering and while I did take and E&M course, it was through the engineering college and probably not as in depth as needed. I have the Griffiths text now and I am finding it very useful. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the chapters I should focus on and ones I can ignore. I need to work as efficiently as possible to make the November test! Thanks!

blighter

Re: Studying Electricity and Magnetism

Post by blighter » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:49 am

klay211 wrote:MY UG was in electrical engineering and while I did take and E&M course, it was through the engineering college and probably not as in depth as needed. I have the Griffiths text now and I am finding it very useful. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the chapters I should focus on and ones I can ignore. I need to work as efficiently as possible to make the November test! Thanks!

For PGRE, the things you studied in your EE undergrad should suffice. Also there's no test in November this year.